Friday, May 18, 2007

I am using a laptop....

...that belongs to the company I work in. I am really thankful they finally issued me one. My old and ailing rig which I have been bearing with for over a year has now been finally free of me. I don't know what will become of it, but all I can say is that the laptop I am using is significantly faster.



Speaking of rigs, the company also assigned me a tower to take home so that in cases my personal tower broke down, I'd have an extra one to work with. HR requested me to return it so they can issue me this laptop. Before returning it I wanted to make sure it was fine so I plugged it in, power light blinking, no POST. Removed power plug, put it back, blink, no POST. POOF! Power supply exploded. PSU WAS set on 220v. No error there.



So much for bringing it in one piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hail to your newest (freebie) laptop!!!

poor other rig. and why do i get the feeling you purposely wrecked the other one. hahaha.

cheers!

Neil said...

hahaha! You know me too well. But of course, if I wanted that, I'd return the tower in a "beyond recognition" state.

xzero012.blogspot.com