Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cakewalk Sonar 6.0

Cakewalk Sonar 6.0 Producer Edition

I have been using Cakewalk since it's pre-sonar days. I think I've started with Cakewalk 3 or 4 back then. I had a Roland MP401 Midi ISA card connected to my Celeron 300A back then. The card is with me though. Never thought it would be around here in the Philippines until I saw it in good old Perfect Pitch. That was around 1998 though.


Anyway, I was playing around with Sonar 6.0 and did a recording with my sister singing. I had 3 tracks loaded up, Native Instruments' Akoustik Piano (yup, that's a "K") taking up 2 of them (1 MIDI and 1 Audio for VST), and my sister's vocal track. This wasn't at all planned since I was playing alone when my sister came in singing "A strange way to save the world" with me. Everything else was history.


Song title : Rock of my Salvation

This also is my small attempt in trying to make both tracks sound balanced. It's recorded live, multi-tracked. Will be posting some pictures soon. Here's the song.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome